Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Ok folks, I'm going to go ahead and throw my hat into the blogosphere about this issue... Malkin and many others havealready mentioned it, but I felt the need to add my take.

Get the duct tape ready folks. From the Kansas City Star.

COLUMBUS, Ohio — A girl with disabilities was punched and forced to engage in
videotaped sexual acts with boys in a high school auditorium as dozens of
students watched, witnesses said. Authorities were investigating, and no charges
had been filed in the alleged attack last month at Mifflin High School. Four
boys suspected of involvement were sent home and had not returned. The
principal, Regina Crenshaw, was suspended and would be fired for not calling
police, school officials said. Three assistant principals were suspended. The
16-year-old girl was forced to perform oral sex on at least two boys, according
to statements from school officials, obtained by The Columbus Dispatch. Part of
the alleged assault was videotaped by a student. School officials found the girl
bleeding from the mouth. An assistant principal cautioned the girl's father
against calling 911, the statements said. The girl's father called police. Her
father said the girl is developmentally disabled. A special education teacher
said the teen has a severe speech impediment.
Richard Watson, Vice Principal Didn't call 911 because he didn't want media attention.
He's only been suspended for 10 days and then transferred. www.columbus.k12.oh.us This is the place.

No info about the incident that happened one MONTH ago!!!! They will sweep this under the rug. They will get away with it, unless we do something to resolve this.

Call a newspaper, call a TV station. Call the school!

Do something.

If we don't protect these kids, here's proof the schools aren't.

I later followed up with this...

ARE WE READY FOR ROUND 2?


I thought I'd update this little gem. We still have no arrests made merely four days from the 2 month mark.

http://www.ohioforblackwell.com/blog/archives/2005/04/20/glenn-beck-rips-mayor-mike-coleman/ Listen to the interview.

God I hope this guy makes governor, it's such a great future for Ohio.
Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 3:56 pm Post subject:

As much of the transcript as I can get. Definitely listen to the audio...

Beck: Tell me why we have administrators being transfered in their job, when they had told the parent of this student not to call 911 because it might cause media attention.

Coleman: Well Glenn, as you know this is under police
investigation.

Beck: I understand that.

Coleman: and I run the police, not the school board- not the school system. So, uh, just let me let you know that as
this is under a police investigation, no one can really comment- not the police, not me- on the status of that police investigation....

Beck: I'm not asking you about that, sir...

Coleman: it's an on-going criminal investigation.

Beck: I'm not asking you about the criminal side, sir.

Coleman: Well, it's all related.

Beck: Well yes it is, but you've already-well you haven't- but the school district has already taken action against the assistant principals- and what they did, and the principle: they fired the principal; and then the assistant principles, they transfered them after a ten-day suspension. That has nothing to
with...

Coleman: It has everything to do with this, sir.

Beck: Well, yes it does, but let's not play politics here.

Coleman: I'm not playing politics. I'm playing fact, reality, this is a....

Beck: Right.

Coleman: ...criminal investigation...

Beck: I'm not asking you about the criminal investigation, sir.

Coleman: You are! You are asking about it, and that's the fact. And the fact is that is under criminal investigation, I'm not going to comment on the status of that criminal investigation or what we are finding. As to why the school system did what they did- you have to ask the school system.

Beck: So, in other words, you as the mayor, sir, and a guy running for governor of Ohio, is here to tell me and the rest of the nation and all of Ohio, that you as the mayor of this
town, have no influence over this situation? You're not putting any pressure on this situation?

Coleman: Mr. Beck, these people will be held accountable. That's the bottom line. They will be held accountable, and if it comes back that the investigation- that these people are deserving of prosecution, that's what's going to happen. Now, we're not gonna argue this...

Beck: I'm not talking to you, sir, about prosecution. I understand prosection. I understand the police
are doing their job, and they seem like they're doing a great job. I am asking you sir about the school district.

[during this part of the interview, Mayor Coleman avoids a question about whether he sent his kids to Columbus Public
Schools (he didn't) It would be hard to do this part justice as a transcript. Check the audio if you're interested.]

Beck: Alright. So what you're here to tell me, is that you, sir, are not outraged by the action of the school district transfering...

Coleman: Sir. I am outraged. I'm the mayor of this city. I am
outraged.

Beck: I understand. May I finish? May I finish, sir?

Coleman: ...but I feel that we are conducting a criminal investigation...

Beck: May I finish a question?

Coleman: We've got to have this conducted in a way that has a result.

Beck: Great. May I finish my question, sir?

Coleman: Sure. Go ahead.

Beck: Okay, um. My question is: are you telling me that you're not outraged by the fact that these assistant principles have been, in a Brenard Law sort of way, have been transfered to another school?

Coleman: Sir. Uh. That is a decision that was made by the administration of the school system...

Beck: Do you agree with it?

Coleman: My responsibility is to investigate and prosecute if necessary. We will protect our kids, and at all costs will not grandstand...

Beck: May I ask... may I ask if you are offended, may I ask if you as a person...

Coleman: ....accountable action as a result. That's what it's all about.

Beck: As a personal note, are you, as a man, offended that the school transfered these principles...

Coleman: In a criminal investigation...

Beck: I'm not asking you, sir about the criminal investigation.

Coleman: ...it is under investigation. The whole thing.

Beck: I am not asking you... I am asking you as a man, and as a
father, are you offended...?

Coleman: Sir. Don't question my manhood.

Beck: Oh please, I am not questioning your manhood. I am asking you as a father: are you offended?

Coleman: Sir. I'm not offended. What I'm telling you is that this is under criminal investigation.

Transcript found at : http://buckeyepundit.blogspot.com/2005/04/coleman-not-offended-by-columbus.html

More to follow

Latest news about the issue April 28th http://www.theotherpaper.com/cover.html This won't be accurate after May 4th, but I'll keep an eye on the link and edit when I can.

Here's more... http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1388477/posts

The mayor has also been quoted as stating that Beck's involvement was the work of smear tactics by his Republican opponent.

Doesn't matter which side of the aisle, Mayor. Rape should never happen in our schools. NEVER Happen. Violating state laws in not calling 911 is one thing, but to not even be able to say "I would never want my kids in that situation" that's just frightening, no matter who's saying it.

I'll keep my eyes open for more. Do not let this subject die.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home